Our Hospital at Home service enables you to receive hospital-level care in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
Our team consists of experienced medical practitioners, nurse practitioners and nurses who work together to provided high-level acute care, normally provided in a hospital or emergency department.
Our Hospital at Home service helps you avoid a hospital visit and remain at home. We find that home is a more comfortable, less stressful environment and can improve quality of life for you, and your family and carers.
This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What can be treated?
We treat a wide range of conditions that would otherwise require hospitalisation. This includes:
- IV antibiotics – some conditions (typically infections) require antibiotics to be administered via a vein, usually in your arm
- IV rehydration therapy – rehydration via a vein in your arm is provided when you are unable to tolerate oral fluids
- iron infusions – needed if you’re unable to absorb iron through your gut, or you’re in need of a rapid increase in iron levels
- anticoagulation management (‘blood thinners’) – may be required for many reasons, including cardiac problems, thrombosis or pulmonary embolus, and include ongoing monitoring of your condition
- wound care – our expert team use the latest techniques and technologies available to treat a range of wounds
- catheter management
- gastronomy (PEG) tube re-insertions.
Our focus is on providing the highest quality clinical care.
Priority Response Assessment (PRA)
Our Priority Response Assessment (PRA) is a unique assessment service that provides advanced clinical assessments to clients in your home or residential care facility. This is designed to help you avoid a hospital or emergency department visit.
The service is available between 7am–11pm, seven days a week. Our PRA nurses will respond to your call within four hours.
How do I get this service?
For more details on our Hospital at Home service, please call our Contact Centre on +1-888-984-2210 to discuss your needs. We’re available to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Making a referral
The partnership between GPs and Hospital at Home is crucial to delivering the best care and outcomes for clients. If you have a patient who would benefit from this service, please contact us on +1-888-984-2210
As well as receiving hospital-level medical and nursing care at home, you can also receive personal care and domestic assistance if required on a short-term basis to support your recovery at home. Ask us how.